HOW TO WIN CUSTOMERS & KEEP THEM FOR LIFE
TITLE: HOW TO WIN CUSTOMERS & KEEP THEM FOR LIFE
AUTHOR: Michael LeBoeuf, Ph.D
REVIEW BY: Valerie Okoruwa
This is a 22 paragraph first rated book that comprehensively enlightens readers on the fundamentals for winning and keeping customers for life, which is divided into 3 distinct parts.
- The secret to winning and keeping customers is to reward
- Forget the notion of selling to people. Rather, focus on helping customers buy what’s best for them. Note; People love to buy but hate to be sold to.
- The best salesman is one who believes in what he sells. The greatest customer you will ever win is
- People only buy good feelings and solutions to problems.
- You represent your company whenever you have any dealings with a customer
- It highly essential to render excellent service delivery but it’s also important to leave a mark for the reminder on the great service enjoyed.
- One proven way to win customers is to seek out the golden question what is the unmet want?
- To keep customers already won ‘’for life’’, seek out the platinum question; How are we doing? How can we get better?
- Managing the Moments of Truth
- The importance of being prompt and prepared when customers appear, call or enquire.
- Reward customers with kindness and empathy when angry or displeased.
- Treat each customer as unique and respond to a unique request by customizing.
- Making an extra effort to recommend when a customer is indecisive.
- Agree, empathize, and build value when a customer raises obstacles or objections to buying.
- Delivery of service should surpass customer’s expectations.
- Politely appreciate a customer who refuses to buy.
- Quick, positive action to response on complaints.
- Give positive perks where customer is disappointed.
- The Triple- Win Reward System
- Known companies that render excellent service delivery reward employees for the provision of the same.
- Seek out the magic question of ‘’ What is being rewarded’’?
- How employees treat customers, is a direct reflection of Management’s treatment of employees.
Action Plan for Quality Customer Service;
- Treat customers like lifetime partners.
- Ask every employee to share service improvement ideas.
- Create a service strategy.
- Careful selection and extensive training of frontline service employees.
- Map out service quality goals and rewards.
- Awareness of current happenings and trends.
- Patience is key but satisfaction should never be chosen.
The greatest business strategy is in the area of customer retention.